Saturday, April 21, 2018

Wanna sit on the potty?


I am trying to potty train Anna.

It is not going well.  She is ready.  She tells me when her diaper is wet or dirty.  She walks funny.  She doesn't want to keep it on.

But, she is afraid of the training potty.  She WILL NOT sit on it - clothed or unclothed.

I tried the regular toilet.  It was like trying to put a cat into water - her limbs spread out and went everywhere - keeping her off that toilet.

So, "The baby is going poo poo in the toilet."  (all the time)


My Cabbage Patch Kid doll from when I was a kid has been chosen as the designated pooper.

She sits all day.  We talk about the baby doll as we walk by. 


Anna hugs her (I think out of relief that it is not her who is sitting on the potty)


Anna talks to her as she sits.



I praise the doll and then ask Anna, "Do you want to sit on the potty."  Nope.  Nada.  No how.  Not gonna happen.





Sorry baby doll, keep doing your job for now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment