Friday, April 13, 2018

Elephants, Fish and Giraffes!

I am really enjoying teaching Anna.

It is not a formal setting.  It is just relaxed and seems to flow - like it is natural.

I have several things prepared and ready.  When a moment presents itself, we play and learn.  When the moment is over, we move on to something else.

The difference between now and before is that I have direction and know what to do - how to prepare for those intentional 20 minute blocks with her.  I love it!

I love seeing her learn, investigate and explore.  The activity I have in mind is never what actually happens.  I thing we will do one thing.  She does something completely different, but that is okay because it is her time to learn.  Not mine.


On Wednesday, we reviewed Red and looked at the letter C.


The curriculum I am using recommends you have a tray of the theme - so this is "Red"

We also have a tray of things that begin with "C"

That thing on the left is a chicken leg. She had no idea what that was!

Just working on motor skills here.

Threading beads. One her favorites.



On Thursday, I brought out the new blocks.

I waited to bring out the blocks. When I did, she loved them!

We started on the table. But it wobbles!  Not good for stacking.


We moved to the mat.  But the game changed to "In the bucket. Out of the bucket"

We played the same game for a while.



Then, suddenly, she jumped up from the blocks and ran to the Circle time board; pulling me along with her.  

She patted the stool and told me to sit. 

She then proceeded to point to letters and wait for me to say the letter and animal.  

I was so happy that she was interested in the letters! 

 Her favorites are the F - Fish, E- Elephant and G - Giraffe.

I am pretty sure she is a genius!  ;)  (But I might be biased. . . no way to tell, really)

No comments:

Post a Comment