Saturday, April 14, 2018

Life Changing!

We celebrated the graduation of 12 students yesterday!


Twelve babies  have gone from severe malnourishment to stable and healthy in our Nutrition Program! (This is not our first or last graduation)

I went to take photos of each mama and child.






Then, I had a great idea - you know those wonderful photos of a lot of babies lined up, all sucking their thumbs or feet or just looking around. Soft light, almost dream-like.  Yeah, that is what I saw in my minds eye.

This is what I got.

It was so funny!  As soon as them mamas put them down, they all started screaming!

So, we took a group shot and moved on!

_____________________________

Seriously, these mothers have been coming to Nutrition Class at the Village of Eden every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for several months.  When they started attending, their children were severely malnourished and not thriving.

Through the course of the classes, the mothers have learned good hygiene habits, how to better feed their babies, how to grow more sustaining crops, how to nurture and spend more time with their babies and most importantly they have heard the Gospel and attended Bible studies.

I am a big fan of the Nutrition program because I see the physical transformations in the babies and I know there are emotional and metal transformations in the mothers!  Life changing!



No comments:

Post a Comment