Saturday, April 21, 2018

Tadpoles or Tabbu

It is rainy season here, so when it rains, it pours.  It doesn’t rain cats and dogs though, it rains frogs!  Every time there is a heavy storm, the next morning, all the puddles are filled with frog eggs. Thousands of them.


I saw a puddle that was full of some tadpoles who were hovered together because the puddle was drying up fast.  I scooped them up into a pickle jar and thought I would teach Anna.


She loved watching them swim around.  



She wanted to drink the water until I convinced her it was too dirty.


The pickle jar sits on the kitchen table.  We have breakfast, lunch and dinner with the tadpoles.  Anna calls them “Tabbu” (the name of one of our kids here) until I correct her to “Tadpole”.  So close sounding to her, she struggles to distinguish the two.



They are starting to grow legs now.  Not sure how long I will keep them on the table, but when I think they can jump - they are out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment