Friday, January 5, 2018

Week 1

One of my ideas for posting each week on this blog is to write about each day based on a photo I took that day.
This would be easy if I knew that you all wanted to hear about Anna every time. . . I have so many photos of her on my phone, no problem filling the pages.  But, I understand that is not what most want to hear about all the time.  So, this is a good challenge to me to take photos of me doing other things too because I actually do other things besides care for Anna, although she does consume much more of my time than I ever imagined.

So, I thought one or a few photos a day for a work week of Monday to Friday.  I may throw in Saturday and Sunday at times, but lets start with the work week (be realistic).

This year started well - January 1 was on Monday, so we are off to a nice, even start!

Monday, January 1 - We started the New Year with a church service.  The children love to dance and sing.  Whenever we have corporate worship time all the kids go to the back of the church  so they have plenty of space to dance.  I wish I could say that I join in, but I don't. My two left feet and uncoordinated hands get in the way. But, I enjoy watching them and Anna is definitely Ugandan.  She can dance with the best of them!



January 2 - We are in the really dry season. We have  4 seasons here - dry, rainy, really dry and really rainy. I saw these women filling the jerry cans and carrying them to our Prayer Garden to water the flowers.  Things have gone from green and lush to brown and crunchy overnight.  A heavy dust hangs in the air and at night when I shower, my washcloth is always a brown color from the dirt I have accumulated throughout the day.


January 3 - Anna keeps me moving all day, everyday.  Here she is in her pj's.  I fed and bathed her early today so that I could take her to our Staff Bible Study ready for bed.  One day maybe she will actually fall asleep at the Bible Study.  So far, no luck.  But, when we return home I can put her straight to bed so that is a plus.


January 4 - I had a last minute trip to Kampala today.  I had to go and pay to ship over 200 drums to the USA!  We had drums made for our choir tour and they were ready to ship.  Claudia (sleeping) went with me to renew her work visa.  We left at 5:30 in the morning, we stayed in Kampala about 3 hours and then drove back - we were riding over 10 hours!  It was exhausting but we accomplished a lot.



January 5- I am very busy this week because of many things.  First, I am flying to the USA on Wednesday - I have all sorts of things to get done before then.  Secondly, school begins in one month so I have to prepare for my residents returning, school opening, etc.  Third, my S1 students are making a big change and I have to prepare for that. Fourth, Anna.  Fifth, we are making plans for all of 2018.  Sixth. . . . I could keep going, but the point is that I am busy.  This shot is of this weeks to do list.  I have not finished yet and will continue working on it over the weekend and into next week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment