Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018 Resolutions - Just putting them out there.


I really hate to say that I have a few resolutions for 2018 - so cliche!  So easy to drop and break them. But, I do have a few.  I think I am pretty predictable but I am sharing them here so that maybe I won't let these fall by the wayside in the race that is life in Uganda.

1.  Continue running and complete the half marathon on January 21.  Then, complete at least one more half this year.  I might (might) consider training for a full marathon. . .  (am I crazy?)

2.  Journal everyday.  Before my life went into overdrive I did this everyday.  EVERYDAY.  But somewhere along the way, I stopped. I need to do it - it is therapy and so encouraging when I look back on events of my life.  Ways God brought me through my struggles and to remember the victories.  
Yeah, my eyes are closed and my hair is big.

3.  Blog at least once a week.  (I am doing good on this so far!) Also, be more open - share my thoughts and random ideas as I type.  I may loose some of my 8 followers, but at least it will be real.

4.  Read through the Bible.  I was 90% finished last year, but I stopped. Those minor prophets, Leviticus and other OT books just got the best of me.  But, I am going to have another go. Does listening it on audio count? I could go through those books while I cook lunch or fold laundry - there is an idea.

5. Continue making healthy (generally) choices for my food and lifestyle.  Life is so much better when I am healthy.  I want to stay where I am or get better. Do not retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment