Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My exotic day!

Today was a pretty typical day for me. I thought I would break it down for you. 

5:45- alarm

6:00-get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, read Bible, etc. 

7:30- lead devotion with volunteers

8:00-check on teachers, take administrative role and fuss at the late ones, praise the ones already in class, talk to the cooks, janitor and guard. The cook wants an apron, the janitor wMts gloves and the guard just wants to know everything that is going on

8:15- arrange transport for 5 children to go to the government hospital tomorrow

8:30- introduce volunteer, explain that she will be teaching reading classes in the school for the next two weeks

9:00- walk a mile to milk a cow ( see previous post)

10:00- sit through an hour long meeting about shoes- quality, price, availability, etc. for our sponsored kids

11:00- walk to the church, again, and speak with the social workers. Make list of what needs to be in a "head masters office"
Stop in the field to download emails to my phone ( better reception between the church and school)

12:00- make macaroni and cheese (powdered cheese) with BBQ Vienna sausages for lunch. ( food the team left behind)

1:00- cut fabric for the curtains I am sewing ( has to be cut in the day light)

2:00- work with a house mother, teaching her how to read and write

3:00- study Lugandan ( repeat seemingly crazy made-up words over and over again, making people think you are crazy)

3:45- finally take a break!  Just sit and watch the kids play for 15 minutes. 

4:10- Lugandan classes - brain in overdrive!

5:30- finally, free time. Time to hand sew my curtains. First panel finished before the sun set

7:00- eat dinner. Rice. 

7:30- work on the puzzle, using a flashlight to see the colors

8:15- take a shower (cold, takes my breath away every time)

8:30- go to bed and read

9:15- lights out

And then it all starts again tomorrow. 

I know, I know, so glamorous!  So exotic!






No comments:

Post a Comment