Friday, July 4, 2014

Adventures of a missionary!

We just finished our second drive to the airport of the day and now we are returning to the hotel- again.  When we finally arrived after the first trip, Brianna realized her bag was not in the van. We called Kim. Roger, one of the team members had her bag, I guess thinking one of the other team members would eventually remember it was theirs and claim it. He had been carrying it for over two hours around the airport!
Kim left it with Christopher, an airport security worker. We decided traffic would be better tonight rather in the morning. It took us an hour to arrive and 40 minutes to get past the security at the gate!  While we were sitting there, with the engine shut off, we heard the teams flight take off to Amsterdam. 
We found Christopher, he questioned Brianna extensively (name, phone, blood type, etc. ) and gave us the bag. Meanwhile, another lady questioned me. How so you explain something like that?
It is 12:35 at night and we are heading back, again, to our hotel that is an hour away in Kampala. 
Oh, the adventures of a missionary!  


Here are some TERRIBLE selfies Brianna and I took while we waited in the gate security line.  





-------------
Update:  it only took 30 minutes to get back to the room. (Traffic after midnight is almost non-existent ). I just had a WONDERFULLY hot shower (first hot one in weeks) and now I am lying in bed listening to the dogs bark outside. 

Today has been an adventure all day long- one thing after another. I wonder why God has me here during all this. If I had heard about the threats just 2 hours earlier, I would have cancelled our part of the trip and kept me and the two girls at the VOE.   I feel safe, but still carrying the burden of keeping the girls out if harm's way. So, what is God wanting to show me in all this?


No comments:

Post a Comment