Saturday, February 3, 2018

My last year. . . in the thirties that is!

I am 39 years old today!    No, I am not ashamed or embarrassed to tell my age.  I am actually thankful for every day I have and every year I have.  Life is such a blessing!  I love serving the Lord and am so privileged to be able to serve Him.

This week has been great!

Last Sunday, I spoke at New Clover Creek Baptist Church in Hardinsburg, Kentucky.  This is the first church my dad pastored.  We were there for three years, from when I was 2 years old to 5 years old.  Amazingly, the people that were there during that time still remember me!  The church is one of my most faithful supporters!  I am so amazed at  God's hand and how He works!


The fog on Sunday was so thick in Hardinsburg!

New Clover Creek Baptist



Dad and I drove up to Kentucky on Saturday and drove back on Sunday after church.  It was a great trip, I enjoyed seeing the people that know me.  But I was also able to meet some new people and make new friends!  It was a very encouraging  trip for me.

Beautiful!

During the week, I really ran around trying to get things accomplished and checked off before time to leave.  I was also able to have lunch with several friends and co-workers.  Each visit was so encouraging to me.

One great time was have a video call with Anna and Heather!  I love that baby!  She go so excited to see me and I was just as happy too see her too!



Finally, tonight we had a birthday party for me and Jayden, my nephew.  We share the same birthday, just a few years apart. . .

It was a great night with friends and family.  I should really do things like this even when there is not a special occasion! I loved being able to visit and fellowship with everyone.  All of them have been important parts of my life through the years. Even though they didn't all know each other well, they all found common ground and the night was so pleasant. We had the Broussards, the Kennedy's, the Bells, the Halls and the Matthews (David and Jeremy's families)!  I forgot to get pictures of everyone but they were there!  It really was great!

Jayden is a big Gator fan.  I am a big icing fan!

MaryJane and her boys.

The Kennedys


The birthday "kids"

Stacy and me







No comments:

Post a Comment