Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Littles

Our resident Bible studies have started back up again!  I really love teaching children the Bible!  I love to see the fascination and wonder on their faces as they hear God's Word!


On Sunday, we began our 4-8 year old Bible class again.  We had been out during holiday break and waited until school began again to start back.

We are starting a new series, this one on Moses and the Israelites.  So, Moses was put into the Nile River again!  As I was preparing for this lesson, I was amazed to think that the same river and the same continent where this story happened is where I am now!  I have been in the Nile River!  Egypt is in Africa - I know, obvious, but, it still made me think.

Back to the children -

We call the children to Bible study by playing music really loud on the front porch. They all come running up and start dancing.  Reminds me of the Pied Piper.

The CEF material we use has something called "Word-Up", it is a slogan you use for the entire series to remind the children of a Bible promise.  I am supposed to say, "Word Up" and they shout "Trust God - He Cares".  I am trying to teach them this in the picture above.  My problem was that they kept saying "Word Up"  We have 5 more weeks to work on it. . . .

The boys

The girls, plus one boy on the left.  This was his first time at Bible study.  He struggled a bit. . . 

Heather is much more musically minded - she can acutually sing.  So, she is in charge of songs.  They love to sing and dance!




Heather also presents the Gospel in some form each week.  She does a great job. This week, it was a puzzle of the salvation colors that made a cross.


I teach the Bible story.  I always try to emphasize that it is not a made-up story but a story from the Bible.  Here, I am explaining that the story comes from Exodus.


These pictures made me laugh, I really get wrapped up in the Bible story telling - acting out all kinds o things.

Here, I am telling baby Moses not to cry because otherwise Pharaoh's men will kill him.

Vivian is my translator.  She is funny because she gets wrapped up in the story and forgets to translate many times.  I realize that I am talking but she is not translating.  I have to reminder her.


Still consoling Moses, he would not quit crying!  The kids were all sitting there with their mouths open.



After the Bible story, we play a game and then have a snack.  I must admit, it is only an hour, but it is a long hour!  But, every time afterwards, I am so happy.  I really do love teaching the Bible.


No comments:

Post a Comment