Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Snake bite!

Tuesday, March 10

When I saw him he was being hauled by the arms and legs by two men.  His face was in a grimace but he was not even strong enough to react.  They physically put him in the back of the truck, pushing him to a seated position, one of the men sitting behind him to support his weight.

Pastor Sam, one of our workers, had just been bitten by a snake while moving rocks from around the church.  They got him loaded into the truck and then dust was flying as they sped off to find a clinic with the antidote.  

My heart was racing.  This was our first snake bite here at the Village of Eden.  Richard, the guard, showed me the snake.  Nothing impressive to look at, but deadly just the same.


I went back to the cottage, gathered some of the team and we prayed.  We prayed for his healing, we prayed they would find a clinic, we prayed the medicine would work. I emailed the U.S. office and they prayed. Team members told their prayer partners across the world to pray.

A few hours later, they returned, Pastor Sam actually stood by the truck!  I know it was a miracle.  I know God healed him!  When they sped away, I was afraid the next time I saw him would be in a coffin.  God healed him.

We took him to his house.  I sat with him.  He was very weak, dizzy and having pain in the arm where the snake bit him.  I asked him, "How are you?"


He said, "I am going to be ok.  You keep praying for me and I will be ok."  I told him people all over the world were praying for him.

God healed him.  Of this I am sure.  God healed him.  I give all the praise to God.

Wednesday, March 11

Today, we went to take him for a second treatment.  He was sitting up, dressed and waiting.  He was vomiting last night and is still very weak.  But again, he said, "Thank you for praying. I am going to be ok."

So, thank you for praying.  Please keep praying for him.  He has 6 children and a wife that he supports. I asked him to let me take his picture so you could see who your are praying for.

God healed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment