Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A day

Today I planned to rest. I have been going for 4 weeks without a day off.  

I slept til 7:30, which was late. I made me biscuits and gravy and enjoyed every bite. 

I bathed the dog. 



Then my day got busy. A woman came for an interview, which I did under the mango tree. 

Then we had to take Pastor Sam for treatment never two of the cobra bite. By that time it was 10:30. 

I sat with my feet up for about 20 minutes, reading a magazine. Then I remembered I needed to wash clothes. That took an hour- we hand wash in buckets. 

Lunch, then I sat with the turkeys for a bit. Then Robin came. 

One of our school kids was sick. We needed to find his mother. 


So we went to his house and got his mother to send them to the clinic on public transport. 





The neighbor hood children kept us entertained. 

On the way back we found Pastor Sam standing on the side of the road!  "What are you doing?"
"I need to go to the clinic. I am not felling good. ". He looked like he was about to collapse. We took him to the clinic and then back to his house. We told him to send for us next time, not to go by himself. 

Then I made several international calls since the Western Hemisphere was finally awake and at work. (It is already 3:00 in the afternoon when offices open in the Ga at 8:00). The calls took a while- sorting out some things, updating my parents, etc. 

About 30 minutes to sit, during which I remembered my clothes were still on the line, then Bible study time. (I forgot to eat dinner)

Shower, this post and then bed because it is 9:30.  

One day I will have a REAL day off. . . 





No comments:

Post a Comment