Saturday, March 14, 2015

Chicken and turkeys are taking over the world! Well, maybe just my backyard!

***Warning - this post has nothing to do with ministry.  It is about chickens, turkeys and my dog, Simba.


We have about 20 turkeys in my backyard.  Willy decided we should start raising them.  That is great for him, they are not in his backyard, they are in mine!  We also have about 40 chickens in the back yard.




The teenage chickens are pretty awkward looking - featherless chests and backsides.  I love it too, when one starts running, they all start running, even if they don't know why they are running.


The turkeys are everywhere, I look out the back door, they are there.  I look out the front door, they are there.



We have rabbits too, six. They are not reproducing as quickly as the chickens!  Not sure what that means.



The Tom, big boss, challenges me sometimes.  He gets real close and stares at me.  I stare back.  So far, I have won all the battles.  If he ever challenges me physically, I will win that one too because we will eat him!  I remind him of that periodically - "Don't push it buddy, I WILL eat you."


Simba is trying to make friends with the birds.  But they keep eating his food.  So, he has started putting his food bowl in his bed with him, to guard it!  Pretty smart!










No comments:

Post a Comment