Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Simple things

I forget sometimes how privileged I am. I take for granted many things. 
------------
The past three times we have left the hotel, Margaret would cry when we got to the stairs. 
At first I thought she didn't want to walk, so I carried her. But then she would walk outside. 

I finally figured out she is afraid of the stairs!

As I thought about it, there are no stairs in her village and at the VOE we only have the few in front of the church, nothing like the double flight here. 


I finally forced her to walk down them, holding her hand and soothing her. She descended like a toddler would, just learning to walk. 

We also took the elevator a few times at the hospital. She and her mother would gasp each time the door closed and hold their breath til it opened again. 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment