Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Lunch in sweat house

We ate lunch at a local place owned by a well spoken lady named Florence. Last night I got some take away from her and she asked, "Why are you not married?  You have a good figure."

I think, "No one has ever said that."

Then she went on, "You are not too skinny like so many mzungus I see."

There it is. 


Anyway, they liked dinner last night so we went back for lunch. 

We sat at a table under some shade. Topista ordered rice and beef for the two of them. Florence talked a while in some other language and then Topista and Margaret got up and went inside. I got up and found them on a mat. (Visions of having the family from the Bolivia jungle stay in my house came flooding back)


I ordered matoke, pumpkin and G-nut sauce. 


I realized very quickly I was pouring sweat. Looking around, I saw that we were inside a METAL 10x12 building and it was about 100 degrees in there. 

Somehow I seemed to be the only one sweating. 


I ate my lunch which was very good and then sat, quietly sweating and waited for the others to finish. Oh the relief when we walked out of that sweat house!




No comments:

Post a Comment