Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Such strange conversations

Beatrace:  Today is the day we eat chicken and matoke.

Jessica:  Did the chicken man come?

Beatrace:  He has come but he cannot find a chicken.  Maybe we can eat beef.

Jessica:  Yes, or HH can buy three of your chickens.

Beatrace:  (laughing)  My chickens are too big.

Jessica:  Too big?  You mean they would cost more than 15,000?

Beatrace:  Yes, and I don’t want to sell.  Madam Edith wants to buy one of my cocks for Gift of Hope.

Jessica:  Ok.  So, the chicken man cannot find chickens?

Beatrace:  He came, but with one chicken that was sick and another that was small.  I told him we don’t buy sick chickens.  He say he will come back later.  I will ask the guard if he has returned.

Jessica:  Ok.  If the chicken man doesn’t come back, we will go to Muwayo to buy meat.


I feel like I have some of the strangest conversations sometimes! (And, I really should learn the "chicken man's" real name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment