Friday, November 21, 2014

Humbled, Nervous, Amazed (yeah, all that and more)

So, I received this letter today:


I must say, this is a first for me!  My duties include "passing out graduates" (I think that means giving out the certificates, not actually passing out on stage).   "Presiding over the giving of gifts" (I was told that these will be gifts the school has purchased, not something I need to purchase).  Also,  "addressing the present audience" (I think that means a speech of some kind in which I encourage the parents to bring their kids back next year).

I have one week to get ready for this.  Should be interesting. 

I have to say that I am pretty nervous about reading the children's names out-loud.  I always seem to mess up the pronunciation - reading certificates out-loud, to the proud parents is not a good scene for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment