Saturday, November 1, 2014

Beans, rice, sugar. Oh no, I forgot the toilet paper!

One of my jobs here is ensuring that the residents have all the supplies needed. 

I have begun buying in bulk to save money, time, etcetera. 

For the month, I order 480 eggs,  40 kilos (88 lbs) of dried beans, 100 rolls of toilet paper, 100 kilos of rice, 21 kilos of sugar (46 lbs).  I make a smaller weekly order that includes fresh fruit, veggies and bread. 


 Well, you get the idea. 

This is to feed 21 kids and 4 adults. 

So, I place the order with Leonard, one of our employees and he goes to the market and buys it. 

He delivers it. (usually outside my door because I am out doing something else). 

I log the delivery and check the list


Then I organize it in the store room. 


I am getting better but there are still some kinks. For example, I forgot to order tomatoes for the week.  And I am out of bread now.
 But, overall, this helps things run much smoother in the resident department. No more last minute "Oh, no!  We don't have eggs for tomorrow's breakfast!"


No comments:

Post a Comment