Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Typical morning for a missionary

People have all kinds of ideas of what missionary life is.  Some think we are witnessing and seeing people won to the Lord all day long, one right after another (I wish).  Others think we are up to our knees in crying babies, sick people, blood, etc.  (I imagine a woman wearing a skirt, with her hair in a bun as people around her are sick and dying. . . war zone style).  This one actually does happen sometimes - the crying, sick children all around.  Others imagine this ideal environment where we have more than enough staff, lots of help and we are all smiling, happy and love doing our job.  (We love our job, but do not  begin to have enough staff.)  Others think we are on our knees praying all the time.  (More like praying as we run around to help the sick, crying children)

So, I want to show you what I did this morning.  

Not AT ALL what you think!


8:00  - Walked out to the pigs and goats.  I needed to confirm that a sick pig that had died had actually been buried. 




We proceeded to dig up the pig.



There was no pig.
I was shown a dead turkey that died - all swollen in the face. We put the dead turkey in the hole where the pig should be.

9:00 - Met with my Human Resources director and went over some paper work she needs to work on, was interuppted at least 5 times by other employees needing things or asking questions.

10:00 - Sat down to answer some emails. Got interrupted again.


10:30 - Tried to check off some of my To Do list, interrupted.


11:00 - Went to the garden to help haul back the corn that Beatrace grew and harvested.



So, now it is  11:30 am and I am sitting down again to try to do emails.

 I am sure that was not at all what you expect missionaries to be doing.  But, we are doing it for the Lord and His glory.  Somehow, digging up a pig that was not there will bring Glory to God.  Not sure how, but God works all things together for good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment