Monday, August 3, 2015

"Kill it!"

So, I walk out of the school and find Edith.  We start walking and talking about something.  I look down and about 2 inches from my shoe is a snake.  I yell, "A snake!  We need to kill it!"

I am looking for a machete, a man, a long stick, a rock, etc.  Edith pulls off her sandal and starts beating it with the sandal!  Her sandal!!!

After a bit, it is dead.

"Edith, you just killed that with your sandal!"

"Yes." (as if it is no big deal.)


We turn it over to get a closer look.  Edith says, "Oh, that is not a snake. It is an animal that looks like a snake.  If a chicken eats it, the animal does not die in the stomach, but comes out alive on the other end.  It is not a snake."

What?!!  (Looks like a snake to me.)

[I have a long way to go before I can be as tough as these Ugandan women!]

No comments:

Post a Comment