Tuesday, June 5, 2012

7 year Anniversary with Helping Hands! My how time flies. . .


Here is an update of the happenings for the last few months (for the sake of time, it is in short, fact form):

Personal News:

  • ·         I moved into another house here on the PdV campus.  It belongs to my boss, Brenda.  I am here to help take care of it.
  • ·         My new house has RATS.  They live in the adobe walls and run around at night.  The first week I had nightmares. . .
  • ·         I bought 2 cats for the rats.  One cat died after a week.  The second cat has been given away.  I am not a cat person.
  • ·         I now have a Labrador puppy.  I was told her mama was a good rat hunter.  Her name is Shadow.  She is only 3 months, but I think there is great rat hunting potential.
  • ·         My new house also has mold.  I am allergic to mold.  So, I have not been running because I am afraid of having more lung problems.  I have been in the house for a month and can tell the allergies are not as bad.  So, I have started walking again and we will go from there.
  • ·         Finally, after 7 years of dial-up; I have broad-band internet!!!  I’m so happy!  I can call my parents on Skype every day (if I want)!!!

Ministry News      
                                                                                        
  • ·         Tito and Dilma (the tribal family) are doing great studying in the Bible Seminary here at PdV.  They have returned to their village several times and Tito is on fire about sharing the Gospel with his people.
  • ·         Aguila Christian Academy is going great.  We have just started the Winter hours, so we begin classes 30 minutes later because of the cold weather.
  • ·         We went and performed at our accreditation school on Monday of last week for Mother’s Day.  The younger children sang a song and the older ones played “My Heart Will Go On” on their instruments – violin, keyboard, guitar and flute.  They did a great job.
  • ·         I have officially enrolled in Liberty University’s Online Masters program – Masters in Religion.  My classes start on June 25.  This was a decision have been putting off for a long time but I am certain it is God’s leading – I put it off because of the tuition cost – but I know God will provide.
  • ·         We are planning another jungle trip for the first week of July.  The purpose will be to maintain relationships with the people and continue to gain their trust.
  • ·         The short term volunteers I have here now, MaryKate & Adam Osbourne and Cyndi Young are doing a great job working in Kara, Kara.  They are supporting the church.  Also, MaryKate has started a Health Awareness campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment