Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Update - Week of March 21

Dilma and the girls

I found out on Sunday that Tito, the husband is out of the hospital and walking around!!!  This is such a miracle!   He was burned over 80% of his body – in the USA, the survival rate is low, here, it is even lower.  The conditions are less than sanitary and the pain management is non-existent. 
Pray that Tito will find the purpose God has for him.   I believe he survived this ordeal for a reason.  They are currently waiting til the first of April to come out here to the Word of Life property and be Evangelism and Discipleship Center students for the year.  They will receive Bible training and personal counseling. (See below for more details) 
Right now, they are living at a church in the city.  Dilma has learned how to use a gas stove and is cooking for the family.  They are getting some much needed together, family time after being seperated for so many months.

Aguila  Christian Academy

School is still going great!!  The kids are still loving it.  English classes are a great blessing for me this year because I have 3 other teachers helping – wonderful.  I had a full conversation with one of my second graders the other day in English!  I was so encouraged. 

Monday was Father’s Day here in Bolivia.  I heard the first graders making a card for their dads in English class.  One of the students kept repeating to the teacher, “My father, no English!  My father, no English!  My father, no English!    The teacher finally reverted to Spanish and explained that it was ok,  he could still read the card.  The student finally calmed down and made the card in English.  So cute. 

My Health

I know many have been praying for me lately because I have been sick.  We have finally figured out the cause of my lung problems.  It is allergy induced asthma.  My doctor has prescribed me an inhaler to use when I exercise and has given me the OK to begin running again.  I am so thankful that we have finally figured it out and it is treatable.  It has been a long 2 months.  Thank you to all that have prayed for me.

Evangelism and Discipleship Center

The 2012 CED will begin on April 3.  Youth from all over Bolivia and a few from Argentina will come to the property and live for a year.  They will take Bible courses all year, go on 3 Evangelistic Tours around Bolivia where thousands will hear the Gospel and they will work in the local churches o f Bolivia.  Pray for these new students as they make this commitment for God during this year.  Pray also for the impact they can make on the people of Bolivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment