Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kara, Kara 4th Anniversary and a Fish/Empanada Festival - Wow! What a day!

Today was the church in Kara, Kara, Gracia de Dios' 4th Anniversary.  For those that don't know, this is the church that is in the trash dump.  Helping Hands has been supporting it since it's birth 4 years ago.  Last night and today they had a special service to celebrate.  The place was pack and you can really see how the church is impacting the community.  (Sorry for the poor picture, it is from my cell phone)
Children reciting  a verse
Then, MaryKate, Adam and I walked down the tracks to the 10th annual Empanada and Pescado Feria.  We had an empanada and some fish, listened to some Bolivian music and just hung out.  I bought a 2-liter bottle of pure hone for $5 and some fresh cheese and corn.  Then we walked back down the tracks home.


The fair was in the Bosque Encantada - The Enchanted Forest.



Lunch time - the table cloth was SOOO GROSS.  Fish grease, bones, etc.  They just tried to wipe it off and served us anyway.








Here are some random photos over the past few months.  Adam just told me how to get my cell phone pictures off my phone and on the computer - so simple - just use the cable that came with it. . .

These are my students.  We went to a parade/march for our "Parent" school one day.  We represented Uganda; hence the flag.
These are the cats I bought.  The grey one on the left is dead now.  The black and white one has a fungus and is living with Cyndi, driving her crazy.  I named her K for Killer - I bought her to kill rats.  Cyndi wants to change her name to Demon because she cries all night and sleeps all day - driving Cyndi crazy - why do you think I gave her away?
LLama  - I tried to pet it and it almost spit on me!  They can spit really hard and far.
Oso - my dog.  I took him for a walk on the mountain.  Thinking he would be good company and enjoy it.  He HATES  the mountain.  He walked about 50 yards, then laid down and refused to walk more.  I finally took him home and walked up alone.  He is a GREAT inside, sleeping beside you on the couch dog.






Thanks for reading my rambling.

1 comment: