Sunday, November 13, 2011

Benefit Concert for Tito, Dilma and Lizbeth

The Cochabamba International Church had a benefit concert last night for Tito, Dilma and Lizbeth.  There were two bands that played.  One was a folkloric band from Bolivia, Alpha y Omega,  (shown in picture) and the other was an America band made up of church members. 


Dilma really enjoyed the music and watching all the lights and smoke.  She had never seen anything like it before.  She had her first emapanada and hotdog.  She like the empanada.  She did NOT like the hotdog, mainly because of the mustard.  When she took the first bite, she made an awful face and shook her head back and forth in disgust.  She eventually just put it in a bag for later.  She also really enjoyed popcorn and coffee.   Many people came and visited with her.  This was  a great encouragement.  She also got to see Innocencio, the native missionary that lives in Oromomo.  She calls him her uncle, so she was very excited to talk with him.

Lizbeth was very intimidated by all the people and noises and general activity.  She was like a leech on me.  She would not let me leave her or put her down.  She sat between my legs on the grass all night long and would periodically look up at me, just to make sure I was still there.  She was a very different girl from the one I see in my apartment where she laughs and plays.  She did not like empanadas but she did enjoy the popcorn.  I didn't even bother to see if she like the hotdog after seeing Dilmas's reaction.  I will make them here one day without ketchup and mustard.

Marianna was just great.  She was passed from person to person until Tony, the pilot, got her, then she was his the rest of the night.  She thinks he hung the moon.  He is pretty fond of her too.


We are not going to church today, it is 9:35 and they are still sleeping.  I think the activities of last night wore them out!

I found some kid's meal toys a team brought down and gave them to the girls.  I had to show the girls how to roll the toy cars on the floor.  After they discovered how to make them go across the tile floor, they were both running and laughing after the cars, having a great time.  They also like a toy cell phone that makes a clicking sound and has a flashing red light.  They don't actually know what the phone is, but they like the noise and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment