Friday, May 4, 2018

Anna is shading me!

We have a few kids who don't go home for term holidays.  On those days it is difficult for them to be left behind by their friends.  Emma is one of those kids.  He stays at the VOE during holidays.  

Today, after most of the kids left, he came up to me and just sat in my lap.  He was feeling left out.  So, I took him back to my cottage.  I needed a distraction for him.

We have some old tires behind the house that Brenda is going to paint and make flower planters.  I decided we could help her paint!


Anna and Emma loved it!

Emma did get frustrated at one point.

Here, in Uganda, coloring is called "shading".  I kept saying that he was painting, but Emma kept calling it shading.  One time, Anna painted Emma.  

He said, "Mama Jessica, Anna is shading me!  No, Anna.  Do not shade me.  Shade here!" and he pointed at the tire.  He was so serious I could not laugh.


Emma really acts as a big brother to 
Anna.  Loves her, protects her, aggravates her. . . 


Everything was going great until Anna fell onto the wet tire and got paint on her hand, then it all went blue. . . I mean bad.


Anna hates to have dirty hands!  Her entire body  can be dirty, but NOT THE HANDS.


She became obsessed.  

We went and washed the hands and within 30 second she touched the tire again.  We washed again.


Blue hands AGAIN.  Wash again.


Three washes later and so glad that is a disposable diaper!




Finally, we got back to business.


Then,  I decided the best way to finish the clean up was the water hose!  


Just like a big brother!



No comments:

Post a Comment