Sunday, March 11, 2018

Rioting in the streets!

I woke up at 4:45 this morning to a "bam, bam, bam. . . "  and thought, "Mom is walking on the treadmill.  That's great!"
Then I realized that Mom is two continents away, in the USA and I am in Uganda.
"Bam, bam, bam, woo hooooo!"
"Oh, it is a party, funeral, remembrance day, wedding, or something else."
Why do Ugandans feel the need to play the music so loud and all night long?
It is at least 2 - 3 times a week that we have music all night long - loud, annoying music.
My questions each night as I try to sleep through the noise:
1.  Why does it have to be in the middle of the night?
2. Who is awake to attend these things?
3.  Why does it have to be so loud?
4.How do the children sleep?
I have some other thoughts, like cutting the wires to the speakers or . . . . we won't put those thoughts out to the public.

Anyway, Heather and I got up to run at 5:30 AM.  We were walking to the front gate where we either go left or right down the road.
 Lightening was flashing.
We also realized there were two parties going on - one to the left of the property and one to the right.
 I expressed my dislike in running around drunk people.
She pointed out the lightening.
 I mentioned the possible rioting in the streets. . .
We turned around and went back home.  Maybe tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment