Sunday, April 14, 2013

Children's Day and Finding Puppies

Friday was El Día de Niño - Children's day!  

Our school had a hot dog cook out on top of the mountain.  The kids were so excited.  We cooked hot dogs - several fell off the sticks and into the fires.  Then they roasted marshmallows  
Here is the whole gang - a mix of students, teachers, parents and dogs





Our 4 year olds were especially excited to be able to "be like the big kids"


 We had many who had never had a cook out before, including some of the teachers!  Then we played games in the dark.  I played too.  I also fell, many times - but it was a blast!



After we came down the mountain, I was ready to go to bed.  But, two of the boys heard a puppy crying.  He had gotten stuck in a water canal that goes under my sidewalk.  He was stuck and could not move.  We eventually broke the slate rock to get him out.

Wilzon broke the slate to get the puppy.  Sorry Brenda!


Hole where the puppy was - don't ask me why he was in there
Then, we found another puppy stuck under the fire wood.    It was a crazy time. I imagined two dead puppies and all the children crying.


We found the brown one under this pile of wood.  Again, why?
Eventually, all 4 puppies were recovered and put back in their house.  I then barricaded the door so they couldn't get out.

Is it me, or do those eyes look guilty? 

Looks tough but they actually figured out how to climb over it the very next day!


Finally, look what I found crawling into my house this morning.  Don't touch, he is poisonous!

I was cooking, looked up and jumped.  This thing is about an inch and a half long with those huge spikes.








No comments:

Post a Comment