Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter, Freedom to Worship and Boot Blow-outs

I hope that everyone had a great Easter.  Down here, we had a great one.  One of the local churches had a conference “El Cordero de Dios” ( the Lamb of God).  I was very good.  I attended it on Saturday and the speaker, Raul Fererro spoke about how Christ fulfilled 3 of the Jewish fiestas, the Offering of the First Fruits, the Sign of Jonah and raising the temple in 3 days.  It was very encouraging and interesting.  As I sat there in a room of about 300 people and was overwhelmed by the great freedom God has given us here to worship Him.  I am so thankful for the freedom to worship God.
The political unrest has settled down, we have not had any blockades for several days, so that is good.  Pray that we can continue peacefully.
In other news, last Sunday I went for a hike up the mountain. I got half-way up and realized I had literally walked out of my boot – well, actually, the soles of both boots just fell off!  They were some old ones mom gave me because she didn’t wear them anymore and mine are very worn out.  I was thankful for saving me some money and brought them down here.  Sunday was the first time I had worn them.  By the time I got back down the mountain, I had rocks in my toes and there was nothing left of the rubber soles.  You can see by the picture how they blew out.  Guess that means I have to buy some new boots after all when I get to Georgia.
Boot Blow-out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment