Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day here in Bolivia.  Don't panic all you Americans, Hallmark did not forget to tell you about the date change.  We celebrate Father's Day on March 19, whatever day of the week that might fall on.  Yesterday, all the missionaries, their families and the teachers (about 40 of us) had lunch together.  We had homemade Italian food.   So good.  One of our missionaries, Vivi, is part Italian on her mother's side, so she organized the cooking.  It was great to get together with everyone also, this was the first time we had done this since camp season had ended 3 months ago.   We are really just one huge family down here.  I love to see the children running and playing together.  The men sitting and chatting and the women organizing the food.  It makes me realize that even though I have moved away from my "blood" family, I have another one here that God has provided. 

The lake continues to rise, fortunately, my previous prediction did not come true.  I am not in boots yet. .  . but close.  Ha ha!!!  Such an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment