Monday, March 21, 2011

Answered Prayers, Bridges and Chicken Pot Pie


My student who was sick with Hepatitis A is feeling much better now and out of the hospital  Thank you for all of your prayers.  He will be staying home for several more days just to be on the safe side.    We had a late start for school this morning, at 11:00, because  we had to disinfect the school to keep the Hepatitis from spreading, it is spread through food, water and direct contact with the sick person.
The lake continues to rise, I am using a “bridge” made from some construction boards.  The problem now is that the stagnate water is breeding mosquitoes.  As I started writing this blog, I got bit about 6 times in 5 minutes!  Then I sprayed the house with some strong bug spray.  A little while later, the dog, Oso, looked like he wasn’t conscious , I grabbed him up and ran outside to give him some fresh air.  I think I was about to give him mouth to mouth when he woke up!  He was fine and I sat on the porch and laughed out loud.  Ha ha.  More adventure!!  (Note:  this photo was taken yesterday, Sunday.  All the fore-ground is now underwater and the bridge doesn't work anymore)

Finally, I broke down, after 5 years and made homemade Chicken Pot Pie. Now, I know that doesn’t sound like something difficult, but the recipe calls for Veg-All.  We don’t have Veg-All here, so I had to clean, cut and cook all my veggies, then put them with the chicken and crust.  It took a while to get it ready; but it turned out delicious!  Also, to make it even better, I found some cranberry sauce at the grocery store today (they usually don’t carry cranberry sauce).  I made enough to last several meals, which is awesome.  

The Evangelism and Discipleship Center for Word of Life Bolivia starts in two weeks.  They are expecting over 40 students this year!!  The Word of Life missionaries are putting the finishing touches on the dorm rooms and getting the property ready in general.  Pray for the students as they are preparing to come here to the property to study God’s Word this year and prepare themselves to serve in their local churches. 

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo glad Oso came back to life BEFORE the mouth to mouth!!! Now you know the real meaning of "Lord willing and the creek don't rise!"

    ReplyDelete