Thursday, May 7, 2015

Flooded with water and frogs!


This is Eden Pond.  Eden Pond has been growing for several weeks now, actually since the rainy season started.  It is in front of the school building.  



If you check the master plan of the VOE, you will not see Eden Pond.  It is not part of the plan.


The children enjoy playing in Eden Pond.  


Eden Pond turns into Namuwombi Creek.  Namuwombi Creek runs towards the back of the property. I attempted to walk it, but it was above my knees!



This is the point that you lose sight of  Namuwombi Creek, it goes around a bend towards the back of the property.  Namuwombi Creek is not on the master plan either.

This is our road going to the  goat house.  I think we need better street drainage. . . 


Eden Pond and Namuwombi Creek are a breeding ground for frogs!


I stood and counted 24 pairs of frogs in one small area.  They are mating and leaving eggs everywhere!


Frog eggs are all over the place!




As I was taking pictures, I noticed that Simba was running around "hunting" in the water.


At first I thought he was drinking the water, but then I realized he was grabbing grass.





Then I realized he was catching frog eggs!


Look at this string of frog eggs!


He would take them on shore and leave them.  He didn't eat them, just left them there to dry.




No comments:

Post a Comment