Saturday, December 6, 2014

Monitor Lizard in the back yard!

Forget bears, coyote and fox!  I have hyenas and monitor lizards!

Some of the workers caught a 18" monitor lizard at on of our fish ponds. 


They then brought him up and put him in our rabbit cage. (The rabbits are not in it). 
Monitor lizards can get up to 10 feet long. We saw one on the Nile that was about 4 feet. 

They are poisonous and have forked toungues. This one hissed at me!


Needless to say, all the children were gathered around, looking, screaming and trying to scare each other. The kids were reaching down and touching the ankles of each other. The scared were jumping left and right. 


I am not sure what Willie plans to do with the lizard. I made the announcement  "the lizard is poisonous. If you touch it, you will die. ". I know, a bit exaggerated, but u decided it was better for the kids to have a healthy fear. I don't know how to treat monitor lizard bites! 


They lined two sides of the cage with bricks. But then ran out of bricks. So the left him hanging in the cage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment