Sunday, June 22, 2014

Oh, to be a chamellion!


Sometimes I wish I were a chamellion, so that I could change my appearance in such a way as to blend in with the people around me. Today, Michelle and I went to visit a church in the bush. We wanted to just visit, not take away attention from the worship service. However, our skin color always changes the game. Despite the fact that we sat in the congregation and not on stage ( the place of honor), we were still the one people stared at, not the pastor. 



During singing, one man came and said, "it is customary for the visitor to preach. So, will you kindly preach for us?"  Michelle shared from Ephesians 2:8 and I read 2 Timothy 3:16.  Later, the pastor came down to ask us "What type of soda do you take?"  (Oh, to be a chamellion!  ). We were also asked to come down and pray, laying hands on the sick. 



We were very grateful for the warm welcome but would have preferred the focus to have been on the Lord. 

1 comment: